[gobolinux-users] acpi and sound card problems

valerio arnaboldi valerio.arnaboldi at libero.it
Thu Nov 23 14:27:04 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm a Linux newbie and i have just installed Gobolinux on my laptop.
I have troubles with acpi installation and soundcard initialization.
In the KDE control center i founded that acpi is not completely
installed and I have to rebuild the kernel after having enabled AC
Adaptor and Control Method Battery, but I don't know how to do this.
I have already tried to compile the kernel with a different
distribution, but here I can't find /usr/src/'kernel name' and I don't
really know what to do!
The second problem I've met is sound card initialization: every time I
start KDE the system prompt out a message like: "Error while
initializing sound driver: device: default can't be opened for playback
(No such device)". I have a sis integrated sound card and I've also
tried to install oss. When I install oss it sais that the driver already
exists and then the sound card works, but when I reboot the system the
message pops out again and the card doesn't work!
Help me please!

Have a nice day : )

Valerio