[gobolinux-users] How can I build the CDFS filesystem?

Viola Zoltán violazoli at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 23:46:54 UTC 2006

Dear Jonas, this is newly not OK!

pv at Csiszilla /Depot/Letolt]InstallPackage cdfs
InstallPackage: Locating a binary package for cdfs ...
InstallPackage: Installing /Depot/Letolt/CDFs--2.6.18--i686.tar.bz2
InstallPackage: Press Enter to continue or Ctrl-C to cancel.

InstallPackage: Installing CDFs, version 2.6.18.
InstallPackage: Uncompressing to /Programs...
InstallPackage: Invalid signature.  Package has been modified
InstallPackage: Suspect package in /Programs/CDFs/2.6.18
pv at Csiszilla /Depot/Letolt]mc

=== now I copy the cdfs.ko file to the
/System/Kernel/Modules/2.6.17.11-Gobo/extra directory ===

pv at Csiszilla Unmanaged/System/Kernel/Modules/2.6.17.11-Gobo]depmod -Ae
pv at Csiszilla Unmanaged/System/Kernel/Modules/2.6.17.11-Gobo]mount /dev/hdc
mount: unknown filesystem type 'cdfs'
pv at Csiszilla Unmanaged/System/Kernel/Modules/2.6.17.11-Gobo]insmod cdfs.ko
insmod: can't read 'cdfs.ko': No such file or directory
pv at Csiszilla Unmanaged/System/Kernel/Modules/2.6.17.11-Gobo]modprobe cdfs
FATAL: Error inserting cdfs
(/System/Kernel/Modules/2.6.17.11-Gobo/extra/cdfs.ko): Invalid module format

pv at Csiszilla /System/Kernel/Modules/2.6.17.11-Gobo/extra]dmesg | tail
hdc: command error: error=0x54 { AbortedCommand LastFailedSense=0x05 }
ide: failed opcode was: unknown
end_request: I/O error, dev hdc, sector 64
isofs_fill_super: bread failed, dev=hdc, iso_blknum=16, block=16
cdfs: disagrees about version of symbol struct_module
cdfs: disagrees about version of symbol struct_module
NET: Registered protocol family 10
lo: Disabled Privacy Extensions
IPv6 over IPv4 tunneling driver
eth0: no IPv6 routers present

Sorry!

Zoli

2006/11/23, Jonas Karlsson <jonka750 at student.liu.se>:

> Ok, I don't get it why struct_module differs from the kernel and the
> sources with the same version. I've rebuild the module with my 2.6.17.11
> linux sources, with the correct configuration. Please download the new
> revised package and try again.
>

> http://karlsson.sytes.net/GoboLinux/PackageStore/CDFs--2.6.18--i686.tar.bz2
>
> /Jonas
>
> On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 11:21:35 +0100, Viola Zoltán <violazoli at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Dear jonas, big thanks for your help, but the cdfs-install not
> succeeded.
> > This is the install- and error-list:
> >
> > pv at Csiszilla /Depot/Letolt]InstallPackage cdfs
> > InstallPackage: Locating a binary package for cdfs ...
> > InstallPackage: Installing /Depot/Letolt/CDFs--2.6.18--i686.tar.bz2
> > InstallPackage: Press Enter to continue or Ctrl-C to cancel.
> >
> > InstallPackage: Installing CDFs, version 2.6.18.
> > InstallPackage: Uncompressing to /Programs...
> > InstallPackage: Invalid signature.  Package has been modified
> > InstallPackage: Suspect package in /Programs/CDFs/2.6.18
> > pv at Csiszilla /Depot/Letolt]SymlinkProgram cdfs
> > SymlinkProgram: Symlinking CDFs 2.6.18.
> > SymlinkProgram: Symlinking global settings...
> > SymlinkProgram: Symlinking tasks...
> > SymlinkProgram: Storing variable files...
> > SymlinkProgram: Symlinking libraries...
> > SymlinkProgram: Symlinking headers...
> > SymlinkProgram: Symlinking info...
> > SymlinkProgram: Updating info dir...
> > SymlinkProgram: Symlinking manuals...
> > SymlinkProgram: Symlinking executables...
> > SymlinkProgram: Symlinking wrappers...
> > SymlinkProgram: Symlinking shared...
> > SymlinkProgram: Processed 1 file.
> > SymlinkProgram: Do you want to install the unmanaged files? [Y/n]
> > SymlinkProgram: Installing unmanaged files...
> > SymlinkProgram: Removing unused directories...
> > SymlinkProgram: Waiting for background tasks...
> > SymlinkProgram: Done.
> > pv at Csiszilla /Depot/Letolt]mount /dev/hdc
> > mount: unknown filesystem type 'cdfs'
> > pv at Csiszilla /Depot/Letolt]insmod cdfs.ko
> > insmod: can't read 'cdfs.ko': No such file or directory
> > pv at Csiszilla /Depot/Letolt]modprobe cdfs
> > FATAL: Could not open
> > '/System/Kernel/Modules/2.6.17.11-Gobo/extra/cdfs.ko':
> > No such file or directory
> >
> [...]
> > and the dmesg | tail output:
> >
> > pv at Csiszilla /System/Settings]dmesg | tail
> > IPv6 over IPv4 tunneling driver
> > eth0: no IPv6 routers present
> > hdc: command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
> > hdc: command error: error=0x54 { AbortedCommand LastFailedSense=0x05 }
> > ide: failed opcode was: unknown
> > end_request: I/O error, dev hdc, sector 64
> > isofs_fill_super: bread failed, dev=hdc, iso_blknum=16, block=16
> > cdfs: disagrees about version of symbol struct_module
> > cdfs: disagrees about version of symbol struct_module
> > cdfs: disagrees about version of symbol struct_module
> >
> [...]
> > Zoli

> [...]

Honlapcsoportom: http://birodalom.net
A #86-os sorszámú hivatalosan bejegyzett GoboLinux felhasználó
The #86 official GoboLinux-user

A GoboLinux felhasználók hivatalos magyar fóruma:
The official forum for the hungarian GoboLinux-users:
http://linux.birodalom.net/gobophpbb