MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Sat Nov 25 00:54:58 UTC 2006

"Andy Feldman" <nereusren at gmail.com> wrote:
> Then, once a copy of the source was located (ideally from an archive
> kept by the dev in charge of the package store), the binary package
> could be distributed again. No?

Lawyer or not, "No?" is a silly question.  If I answer "Yes", does
that mean "Yes, No" or "No, Yes"?

Anyway, sources should be kept alongside any GPL thing which has
binary packages and there should be source accompanying the binary
ISO.

Recipes are not a problem GPL-wise in general: instructions for how to
use the source is not a derived work.

I'm no lawyer either (see sig), but that's my understanding.
--
MJR/slef
My Opinion Only: see http://people.debian.org/~mjr/legal/