[gobolinux-users] Recipe / patch question

V mkdm_2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 25 10:37:04 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to create a recipe for a program.  Source
is an svn server and with my current recipe, the
program appears in /Files/Compile/Sources/ as
"trunk-program".

There are a few patches to the program which I've
manually tested by applying to another copy of the
fresh source; cd trunk-program, patch -p0 < file.patch
.  All patches apply cleanly, program compiles OK.

I'm attempting to create a Recipe for this program.
My Recipe checks out the svn source, and since I've
renamed the patches 01-patch1.patch, 02-patch2.patch,
etc and placed them with the Recipe, they should be
automatically applied.

However, I get error messages because the patch inside
the patches assume I have cd'ed into the main folder
(i.e. I am sitting inside /trunk-program).

I'd rather not edit the patches to include
"trunk-program" in the paths and screw something up
there -- is there any clean way to instruct the
Compile scripts to cd into the correct folder before
applying the patches?

I tried a pre_patch(
'cd /Files/Compile/Sources/trunk-program"
)

and also a pre_build with the same command with no
luck.

I could have swore I solved this problem before
similar situation, but I can't seem to locate that
Recipe anymore.

Suggestions are appreciated.
V.