[gobolinux-users] Gobolinux Tutorial?

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Sat Nov 25 11:49:34 UTC 2006

"Rayne Van-Dunem" <raynenamibia at gmail.com> wrote:
> The GPL? That's mostly designed for software.
[...]
> So, I dunno....maybe the GPL could work for documentation as well?

The tutorial is software (but not necessarily a computer program) and
the GPL is fine for documentation:

    "Why don't you use the GPL for manuals?
     It is possible to use the GPL for a manual
     [... I disagree with the next bit ...]"
     GPL FAQ http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyNotGPLForManuals

The FDL is a terrible non-free-software licence, see
my summary http://mjr.towers.org.uk/blog/2006/fdl#general

Creative Commons licences are divisive, complex and nearly all of them
have trivial problems which stop them being useful for free software.

Hope that explains,
--
MJR/slef
My Opinion Only: see http://people.debian.org/~mjr/legal/