[gobolinux-users] ChrootCompile

André Detsch detsch at gobolinux.org
Sun Nov 26 00:09:32 UTC 2006

On 11/24/06, Paul Dann <giddie at christian.net> wrote:
>   I installed GoboLinux using the minimal install option, and as a
> result didn't have Xorg or KDE installed.  However, I'm now wanting to
> get all that working and having no luck downloading the Xorg binary
> package (invalid signature apparently)

The package at the store has no signature, but you can use it anyway.
Actually, packages at the store are a little bit outdated. That's
because we did a Glibc update for the packages at 013, and it was not
safe to update the glibc packages until the last version of the
Scripts package. I think we are now able to update the package store,
removing old packages without signatures and placing the newly
compiled packages (including those shipped in 013). So, you may wait
until we upload the latest set of packages.

> so I decided to try
> ChrootCompiling it (Compile couldn't compile some dependency --- I
> forget what, but GCC complained about source syntax errors).  The
> problem is that ChrootCompile repeatedly bails out telling me that it's
> missing one recipe or another that it needs for Xorg (which I assume is
> a meta-recipe).  That's all fine and understandable, but is there some
> switch somewhere to make it download missing recipes automatically?
> It's getting pretty tedious using GetRecipe constantly...

ChrootCompile is somewhat new, so, unless when testing a new recipe or
preparing a binary package to be distributed somehow, using Compile
would be probably better.

However, if you still want to use ChrootCompile (which does not has
dependencies resolution coded within), you can try something like the
following.

Run CheckDependencies manually, to see the dependencies for the target package

  CheckDependencies --add-self=always --mode=all --types=recipe xorg 7.1 recipe

Then, chrootcompile, in order, each of the listed dependencies:

  CheckDependencies --add-self=always --mode=all \
     --types=recipe xorg 7.1 recipe | while read prog ver type url; \
     do ChrootCompile -l `GetRecipe $url`; done

In the case of meta-recipes (like Xorg), you will need to call
'Compile -B Xorg' manually, since ChrootCompile only automatically
fetches the archives for the recipe itself (not the included recipe's
archives).

--
Andre Detsch