[gobolinux-users] Recipe / patch question

V mkdm_2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 26 11:25:55 UTC 2006

Hi,

"Jonas Karlsson" wrote:

> > is an svn server and with my current recipe, the
> > program appears in /Files/Compile/Sources/ as
> > "trunk-program".
>
> Does it appears as "trunk-program" or as
> "trunk-<program>" (the difference
> is that the latter has the program name instead of
> <program>)?

> Why I ask
> is because it should be listed as "<program>-svn"
> (not that it realy
> matters if it works, but still behaviour should be
> consistant). Which
> version of Compile do you use?

It appears as trunk-the_program_name .  i.e. if I was
compiling "nano", it would appear as trunk-nano.

I'm using Compile 1.60 on Gobo_012 .  I keep
forgetting the commands to run after one installs a
new version of the Compile scripts -- I think whatever
needs to be run should be done automatically, so I've
just been sticking with what's on the working machine.

> Compile do apply the patches from within the folder,
> but it does it with
> '-p1', stripping of one directory. What you should
> do is edit the patches
> and add a slash and something before each listing.

Can we add an option to the Recipe that allows one to
specify the patch "level" (i.e. p0, p1, etc) or
override the default "-p1" ?  I think editing someone
else's patches to work around an assumption that
Compile makes is a bad idea.

In my case I have six patches and some are hundreds of
lines long.  The problem is the files that are patched
are random so I'd have to use some cleverness in
hunting for "Index", etc to insert the preceding
folder name...just to have it stripped by Compile.

Thanks,
V.