[gobolinux-users] Some general questions

Vojta Grec gobo at morha.com
Mon Nov 27 09:16:42 UTC 2006

Hi there,
just wanna ask some:

   1. How is it with uft8 in Gobo? I know that the lode console font had
   no support for utf8 (but that shouldn't be a problem). I mean if the Gobo
   packages/recipes applies some utf8 settings or patches (e.g. Midnight
   Commander is well known to screw things up when used with utf8 but there's a
   patch).
   2. Could you guys write an (even short) porting guide to i586 for me?
   Something like this
one<http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Install_Arch_i586>for
ArchLinux? For me it's pointless to use cross-compiler as I want to
only
   "downgrade" to another sub-architecture of x86 (namely its i586 pentium-mmx,
   Gentoo recomends CFLAGS="-march=pentium-mmx -Os -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
   for my hw). And (if possible) I want this not to be a one-time recompile
   script, I'd like to keep this environment to make further recompilations
   possible (as the i586 machine is only 300MHz/96MB).
   3. I would like to ask you for your opinion on that. Currently I don't
   have Gobo installed (as I posted before), what way would you recommend? I
   haven't yet fiddled with things like Xen, my proposal is to run Gobo in qemu
   with kqemu module (I think it should run quite well as my machine is
   Athlon64 3000+ with 1GB RAM).

Thanks!

Vojta