[gobolinux-users] Hi! And installing without cdd.

Carlo Calica carlo at calica.com
Sat Sep 2 01:00:24 UTC 2006

2 options.  1) Install using qemu :-).  Seriously, point -cdrom to the
iso and -hda to your HD.  Be very careful when selecting partitions.
Someone on planet.kde.org did this to install ubuntu.

2) Continue with what you're doing.  It sounds like you kernel doesn't
support squashfs.  You should find a kernel image in the isolinux dir
of the ISO that has squashfs.  After you copy the squashfs contents to
the partition, there'll be a few other changes.  This includes a
proper /System/Settings/BootOptions.  Good luck!

On 9/1/06, solenskiner <solenskiner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> Love what you've done to the directory structure, finally something that
> makes sense!
> I tried it in VMware some time ago on a windows machine, i like. Now im
> trying to install it at home, unfortunatly i dont have a cd drive.
>
> No problem, i'll just make a partition, unpack the livecd and tell grub to
> boot of it.
> It boots, but craps out when trying to mount
> /Mount/CD-ROM/GoboLinux.squashfs
> No shit.. I'll just mount my hdd and rerun the boot script.  So i try to
> mounting /dev/hda3 to /Mount/CD-ROM/, imagine my suprice, hda3 dosn't exist.
>
> Any tips?

Carlo J. Calica