[gobolinux-users] New InstallNvidia script (was: Re: libGLcore.so.1)

Otto Barnes otto.barnes at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 13:29:57 UTC 2006

Dan and Lucas,

Awesome changes!  I just installed Xorg 7.0 with Nvidia 1.0-8774 and
had a few problems.  Looks like Nvidia changed a few of the
installer's args.  It works like a charm now...need to test with older
versions of Nvidia's installer.

Also, I noticed some issues in restoring backups.  It looks like the
backups were being restored to $goboPrograms instead of
$goboPrograms/Nvidia.  Removed the restore process for when a backup
was not made--I fell into that trap when I did a reimage with 013
second release.  Finally, made sure we protected the oldVersion for
the case when newVersion == oldVersion.  See the changelog and diffs
for more details.

Thanks,
-Otto