[gobolinux-users] Announce: GoboLinux 014 release-candidate

Lucas C. Villa Real lucasvr at gobolinux.org
Thu Apr 12 02:33:45 UTC 2007

Hello fellows,

Here comes the first release-candidate for GoboLinux 014. This is
basically a massive update of packages, including Glibc 2.5, Xorg 7.2,
GCC 4.1.2 and KDE 3.5.6, with Linux 2.6.20.4 + UTF-8 support. We have
now, also, a better printing support, with a few basic drivers
included in the LiveCD. And there were many, many bug fixes in the
GoboLinux tools since 013, so we hope to provide a better experience
for you all.

Giving a quick spin on the ISO, I saw the following tasks that are not
complete yet:
- Udev rules is not updated; there are some occurrences of "%e", which
is not deprecated. It would be nice if someone could provide an
updated set of rules for it (the udev source code has a directory
called 'etc/udev' with the rules shipped by gentoo, redhat and others
which might serve as a good reference);
- We don't have a package for Thunderbird yet; We can create one based
on the official binary package, or compile one (there isn't a recipe
for it yet). Contributions are welcome, as usual.

The ISO can be downloaded from the following URL (mirrors might be in
sync soon):
http://gobo.calica.com/gobolinux-iso/GoboLinux-014-pre-release.iso (640MB)

And here's its MD5:
http://gobo.calica.com/gobolinux-iso/GoboLinux-014-pre-release.iso.md5sum

I've created a new entry in the bug tracker so that comments and
reports can be centralized. The url to the bug tracker is:
http://bugs.gobolinux.org

The full list of packages included on this first release-candidate follows.

Have a good time testing it!
Lucas

GOBOLINUX 014 RELEASE-CANDIDATE PACKAGE LIST
A2PS 4.13b
AbsTK 20070411
ALSA-Lib 1.0.13
ALSA-Utils 1.0.13