[gobolinux-users] Wheel Mouse -- MouseInfo and utmp/Shutdown

John E. Rose jerose54 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 17:50:12 UTC 2007

I've just started using GoboLinux, and I had the same problem I have seen
mentioned in the Knowledge Base regarding the mouse wheel. This was strange
becuase I could see during boot-up that the mouse was found and identified
correctly. After some digging, I think I found the problem in the "mice" array
(or whatever it's called in Python). I believe that for key:
("Generic - 3 Button Mouse (PS/2)"):
the entry:
("ps/2", "PS/2", "psaux", 0, "generic3ps/2"),
should be:
("imps/2", "IMPS/2", "psaux", 1, "generic3ps/2"),
or something similar. This fixed the problem for my mouse, anyway.

I also found that the Reboot and Shutdown scripts were not being called after
first reboot or shutdown. Removing the /System/Variable/run/utmp file on
shutdown in the (Shutdown script) fixes this problem, but I'm not sure this is
the appropriate action. Any ideas about what's going on here?
Thanks!