[gobolinux-users] The englisg GoboWiki is death!

André Detsch detsch at gobolinux.org
Sun Feb 11 13:43:33 UTC 2007

On 2/11/07, Nick Matteo <kundor at kundor.org> wrote:
> My fault.  It will be up tomorrow or Monday at the latest.
>
> The repeated downtimes of kundor.org have been a problem.  I am
> looking for anyone with a server that can handle 50 GB transfer per
> day, which is what kundor has averaged over the past year, and 120 GB
> storage, which is what kundor could feasibly grow to.  If anyone has
> such access, I'd like to figure out a setup that would have
> connections go to it as a backup server whenever kundor is down.
>
> (I don't know if it would be easier or harder to make such an
> arrangement for just gobo.kundor.org, as opposed to the whole server,
> but that would probably have significantly less storage requirements,
> if that's a problem.  I haven't measured gobo.kundor.org's bandwidth
> usage separately, but I suspect it's most of the 50 GB/day.)

I'm not sure how hard it is to migrate the wiki db to other server,
but we can move the wiki to the gobolinux.org machine. We have a lot
of free space there, and much more bandwidth than we are actually
using. It is good to have things a little bit spread (to avoid a
single point of failure), but since kundor.org is having such
limitations, moving the wiki to gobolinux.org sounds to be the easiest
way to solve the problem for now.

BTW, anyone has some report on availability of gobolinux.org? Were
there noticeable downtimes recently?

--
Andre Detsch