[gobolinux-users] Compile 1.8.2

Lucas C. Villa Real lucasvr at gobolinux.org
Fri Feb 23 12:15:51 UTC 2007

On 2/9/07, Hi There <goboster at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Could I suggest an enhancement for the next release? I
> keep coming across sources that don't unpack into the
> standard progam-name--#.## folder in Sources. This
> becomes a problem when you have different versions
> that unpack into the same directory name. Besides
> being messy, if you're not paying attention, Compile
> thinks it finds sources for the version you're
> compiling, and can end up using those sources instead
> of the right ones.

The problem is that some build programs expect to see a specific
dirname. I'm creating right now a recipe for the RISC OS's NetSurf
browser (which has a GTK+ port), and it explicitly requires that its
root dir is called 'netsurf'.

I can see other programs claiming the same thing, so this might not be
as trivial as one could expect.

> and BTW, adding file_hash and file_size to the
> attributes generated by MakeRecipe would make it that
> much more likely that people include them in their
> recipes

Hmm, that's done already.. maybe you're talking about NewVersion? The
problem is that NewVersion doesn't try to download sources first..
should we make NewVersion download the tarballs? Ideas?

--
Lucas