[gobolinux-users] Compile KDE-Base fails (again) in Rootless: "apps/dcopidlng/kalyptus": No such file or directory

Lucas C. Villa Real lucasvr at gobolinux.org
Tue Feb 27 06:24:12 UTC 2007

On 2/27/07, mpb <mpb.mail at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/2/23, mpb.mail at gmail.com <mpb.mail at gmail.com>:
> > Can't open perl script
> > "/home/zu20070220/Programs/KDE-Libs/3.5.5/share/apps/dcopidlng/kalyptus":
> > No such file or directory
>
> > I have tried re-running "SymlinkProgram -v kde-libs", and it outputs:
> > "SymlinkProgram: Symlinking shared..."
> > But it does not tell me anything more and it does not create "apps".

Hi,

I was working on a similar problem today inside ChrootCompile and I
ended up commiting a patch for LinkOrExpandAll.c, which is the script
responsible for doing the generation of symlinks. I think your problem
might be coming exactly from the same source.

For convenience, I'm attaching here the new source code. Save it under
Scripts/Current/src, and then 'cd Scripts/Current; make'. Remember to
do tha same under your chroot dir, at Unpacked/i686/Scripts/<version>.
Could you please try that and see if it works?

Another little thing you can do is to remove "--always-expand" from
ChrootCompile/Current/bin/MiniSymlinkProgram:

goboPrefix=$root goboPrograms=$root/Programs LinkOrExpandAll $root/$1
--relative --always-expand

This modification was commited a few hours ago, too. It won't do of
real difference for your problem now, but it will certainly speed up
the generation of links on each ChrootCompile call.

Cheers,

--
Lucas