[gobolinux-users] Aspell error resolved

pp_o2 pp_o2 at o2.pl
Wed Feb 28 16:09:47 UTC 2007

On Wednesday February 28, 2007 07:17, Jonas Karlsson wrote:
> 2007/2/28, pp_o2 <pp_o2 at o2.pl>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I attached Aspell-EN and I'd like someone to test it.
> > It is if dict files will be placed in
> > /Programs/Aspell/0.60.4/lib/aspell-0.60 directory.
> > If yes the culprit is double declaration dictdir and datadir both
> > in Aspell-EN (Recipe) and
> > /Files/Compile/Sources/aspell-en-0.51-1/Makefile files. The first
> > take precedence over the latter and place the dict files in wrong
> > directories.
>
> I've looked at this as I actually was looking into installing Aspell
> as well. After some research I found a solution which allows
> dictionaries to live in their own directories.
> The links below are to an updated recipe for Aspell, with an added
> default configuration file and some configure options, and to a
> recipe for the swedish dictionary.
>
> I have tried your previous recipe for Aspell-EN and Aspell-PL and
> those work with the new recipe for Aspell, at least aspell reports
> that the dictionaries are there.
Hi,
How come?
I did your way and got the same mess without Aspell being seen in KDE
editors.

You've made following changes into aspell.conf:
# default: <prefix:lib/aspell-0.60>
= /Programs/Aspell/Current/lib/aspell-0.60
data-dir /System/Links/Libraries/aspell

But I _know_ the two directories:
1) /Programs/Aspell/Current/lib/aspell-0.60
2) /System/Links/Libraries/aspell
_have to be merged_ to get aspell works.

It worked before I've compiled your aspell recipe. It worked because I
had symlinked manually dict data from aspell-pl/en into
/Programs/Aspell/Current/lib/aspell-0.60

Now you've changed .../lib/aspell-0.60 into .../lib/aspell and changed
data-dir variable in aspell.conf file and we still are in a start
point.  You didn't merge contents of the two separate directories. No
wonder aspell does not see its data files.

Check it please once more.

Regards,
pp
--