[gobolinux-users] Mplayer and libmp3

Michael Homer gobo-users-dufus at wotfun.com
Mon Jun 11 00:43:03 UTC 2007

On 6/11/07, Viola Zoltán <violazoli at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I not missed, dear Michael, I compile the mplayer with the standard
> Gobo-recipe, with full codecs! In wich package have I the needed codecs
> (xvidenc and libmp3lame)? Or, if I should recompile the mplayer, how can I
> make this, with wich commandline-options?
libmp3lame is called "Lame" in the packaging system. I don't know
where xvidenc comes from, it isn't enabled in my install either
(mencoder -ovc help lists available output codecs).

If the recipe doesn't enable it automatically, you'll probably have to
compile it manually yourself. ./configure --help will tell you which
parameters you need to pass. I don't know what you need for xvidenc,
perhaps take a look at what package Uhu has it in.
-Michael