[gobolinux-users] sandboxintall broken?

kenneth marken k-marken at online.no
Fri Jun 29 21:13:50 UTC 2007

On Friday 29 June 2007 23:05:17 kenneth marken wrote:
> On Friday 29 June 2007 22:53:37 Jonas Karlsson wrote:
> > On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 22:51:09 +0200, kenneth marken <k-marken at online.no>
>
> wrote:

> > > well if thats the case, maybe the wiki should get a rewrite or
> > > something?
> >
> > Which page? I'll take a look at it.
>
> http://gobo.kundor.org/wiki/Manual_Compile
>
> > Secondly 'SandboxInstall -h' does print (as a note)
> >
> > "Normally you'll want to use Compile(1) instead.
> > 'SandboxInstall' is called by Compile(1)."
> >
> > Perhaps that should be rephrased to emphasize it?
>
> now, if Compile(1) had the option to go ahead and try to create a recipie
> if you aimed it at a tar-ball and it could not find one (outside of it not
> being able to contact any server) it would be golden. but right now i dont
> see it does not, at least automatically. that way one had only two
> commands. Compile for when one is working on source, InstallPackage when
> wanting to install a package.

looked into it some more and i find that the toolkit is more buildt around
finding the download url, set up the place for it to live ones done, and then
have the system download it. while good, it would be nice if it had some kind
of option for when one have allready downloaded the sourcecode and wants to
install it from the comforts of ones home dir.