[gobolinux-users] Web based recipe browser

Jonatan Liljedahl lijon at kymatica.com
Sun Mar 4 18:54:35 UTC 2007

Jonas Karlsson wrote:
> 2007/3/4, Jonatan Liljedahl <lijon at kymatica.com>:
>> mpb wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've written a web based recipe browser.  The initial version is done.
>> Very nice!
>> It would be cool if the Description of a recipe was available through
>> some small link, or perhaps shown at the top when one clicks on a recipe.
>>
>> BTW, a lot of recipes are missing Descriptions. I'm very bad at filling
>> them out myself. Is there a standard format for those descriptions? It
>> would be easier if it was a simple paragraph of text, but now there's
>> different fields and since there's no "template" to fill in one have to
>> remember them or look at some other recipes description.
>>
>> I think it would be best if PackRecipe said "hey! there's no
>> description, please enter a summary of that this app is for: "
>>
> Actually, PackRecipe calls RecipeLint when packing a recipe and
> RecipeLint says "Warning: No Resources/Description file." if the
> descriptions file is missing.

Yes, but then the user have to:

* take a look at another recipe with existing Description to see what
fields are expected.
* open an editor and create such a file
* repack the recipe

it would be much easier if one could just type in a simple description line!

--
/Jonatan    -=( http://kymatica.com )=-