[gobolinux-users] Compile KDE-Base fails (again) in Rootless: "apps/dcopidlng/kalyptus": No such file or directory

Lucas C. Villa Real lucasvr at gobolinux.org
Tue Mar 6 04:01:35 UTC 2007

On 3/6/07, Lucas C. Villa Real <lucasvr at gobolinux.org> wrote:
> On 3/6/07, mpb <mpb.mail at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > It looks like bin, sbin, lib and every other directory except for
> > > Shared are passed to link_directory as ~/Programs/Emacs/Current/<dir>
> > > (where Current is, of course, a link).  But Shared is just 'Shared'
> > > (with no path and therefore not a link).  Looks like a bug to me.
> >
> > Replying to my own mail.  In SymlinkProgram:
> >
> >       link_directory "Shared" "$goboShared"
> >
> > Should be the following?
> >
> >       link_directory "$current/Shared" "$goboShared"
>
> No, as we're already in $current:
>
>    Log_Normal "Symlinking shared..."
>    cd "$current"

I'm thinking here. It could be possible that your readlink
implementation simply returns 'Shared' as the result of `readlink -f`
inside /Programs/Foo/Version (instead of the full path), which can be
the problem you're facing. Can you test if adding "$current/Shared"
works for you? I think you've found the bug.

--
Lucas