[gobolinux-users] KDE upgrade to 3.5.7 failed because Mesa 7.0-r1 FTBFS

Michael Homer gobo-users-dufus at wotfun.com
Tue Sep 4 22:58:58 UTC 2007

On 9/5/07, rubisher <rubisher at scarlet.be> wrote:
> Jonas Karlsson wrote:

> >> I just noticed the same difference of behaviour when I Compile HAL:
> >> it ask me if I want to install some build dependencies (namely Intltool, Perl-XML-Parser) what din't do Freshen?
> >>
> > Did Freshen ask or not ask you to install these dependencies?
> Feshen didn't ask me to install and didn't install it
It is a Freshen bug, yes, the same one you came across before; it
doesn't look at BuildInformation. It's a bit of an architectural
problem that I haven't figured out how to solve cleanly: just merging
BuildInformation in to the dependencies will require them even if a
binary package ends up being used, because of the order things are
resolved, but not including them leads to this. I have a preliminary
fix for it in my local tree, but it has a way to go before it's
usable.

The "fix" until either a patched Freshen, or Freshen 3.0 (if it
requires major architectural changes), is just to run `Compile Foo` on
the problem program directly. It shouldn't be a problem once
something's been installed.
-Michael