[gobolinux-users] BootStrap problem

Lucas C. Villa Real lucasvr at gobolinux.org
Fri Sep 28 09:07:45 NZST 2007

On 9/27/07, Aitor Pérez Iturri <aitor.iturri at bluebottle.com> wrote:
> El Tue, 25 Sep 2007 16:35:19 -0700
> "Lucas C. Villa Real" <lucasvr at gobolinux.org> escribió
>
> > Is this happening after or before you applied the patch that I
> > supplied in the previous email?
>
> Before, but i also needed to add this modification to
> MiniSymlinkProgram (function do_link):
>
> function do_link() {
>       echo $root/$1
>       echo $root/$2
>    if [ -d "$root/$1" ]
>    then
>       cd $root/$2
>       echo goboPrefix=$root goboPrograms=$root/Programs LinkOrExpandAll
> $root/$1 --relative $alwaysexpand goboPrefix=$root
> goboPrograms=$root/Programs LinkOrExpandAll $root/$1 --relative
> $alwaysexpand cd - &> /dev/null elif [ -d "$root/$crossprefixdir/$1" ]
>    then
>       cd $root/$2
>       echo goboPrefix=$root goboPrograms=$root/$crossprefixdir/Programs
> LinkOrExpandAll $root/$crossprefixdir/$1 --relative $alwaysexpand

Can you please post a 'cvs diff -u' instead? It's easier to check what
the differences are between the original code and your version.

> > Everything should have been taken into account by the LDFLAGS variable
> > already (set in Cross-Common.conf, based on the values specified in
> > your Cross-EPIA.conf). Are you sure you're not reseting any *FLAGS
> > variable in your recipe?
>
> Ok, i think the problem should be here, in the chroot shell showed
> after the Bootstrap process (when it fails) i found this:
>
>         bash-3.1# echo $LDFLAGS
>
>         bash-3.1# echo $CFLAGS
>         -O2 -march=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe
>
> If i executed this gcc commands it fails:
>
>         bash-3.1# gcc -o test test.c
>         test.c:1:28: error: alsa/asoundlib.h: No such file or directory
>
> If i used the flags in the Cross-Common.conf, it works nice:
>

>         bash-3.1# gcc -o test  -nostdinc
>         -I/Depot/System/Epia/C3//System/Links/Headers -I -I
>         -I/Programs/GCC/4.1.2/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/include
>         -march=c3 -m3dnow -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer
>         -L/Depot/System/Epia/C3//System/Links/Libraries
>         -L/Programs/GCC/Current//lib -L/Programs/GCC/Current//usr/lib
>         test.c
>
> Just after calling configure my *FLAGS env variables looks nice
> (checked with a pre_build hook in recipe) but just in the bash they
> dissapear, i need to know why the configure for ALSA-utils is failing.

I don't know if this is going to help in any way, but does it make a
difference if you do something like this in the recipe? :
environment=(
    CFLAGS="$CFLAGS"
    LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS"
)