[gobolinux-users] GoboLinux 014 snapshot 20070927

Viola Zoltán violazoli at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 00:37:53 NZST 2007

Hello, I wrote an bugreport as the following:

Hello, I installed the GoboLinux 014 snapshot 20070927 to my HDA6 ReiserFS
partition, but as I see, this is unusable - after I type "startx", and the
KDE go to start, in the graphical environment I see ABSOLUTE NOTHING
characters, only blank/empty rectangles /oblongs ! Note, in the install
process I not select the OpenOffice, I was will install to the distro my
hungarian OpenOffice.

As I make from the graphical environment a "logout", in the console I find
characters, but not the special hungarian characters with accent, as the
following: "áéíűúőóüöÁÉÍŰÚŐÓÜÖ". Also, the console mode (and the MC) is NOT
in the UTF-8 mode! Of course, in the install time I select/choose in all
case the "Hungarian" (Magyar) settings, at the language, keyboard, and so
on.

Please correct this error, the full UTF-8 usable/support is me the chief,
main, prime, principal attribute/property/quality in a distro!

Zoli

2007/9/28, vazub <molfar.ua at gmail.com>:

> On 9/28/07, Hisham Muhammad <hisham.hm at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > And here's another snapshot. Hopefully this will fix the Grub issues;
> > I added a patch extending the buffer limits we were having problems
> > with.
>
> Downloading it now. Testing results will follow immediately afterwards :)
>
> > All feedback is greatly welcome. Feedback on the list is okay, but it
> > really helps a lot if bugs are reported in the bug tracker:
> > http://bugs.gobolinux.org
>
> I second that. That's what Bug tracker is there for, isn't it? people?)))
>
> > *** I'd like suggestions on how to announce those snapshots on the
> > website. I'm not sure if adding a new news item each item is a good
> > idea. Any opinions/suggestions? ***
> I think the overall announcement about snapshots should remain there,
> however, constantly updated snapshot downloading info would do better
> in "Downloads" section.
>
> Regards,
> vazub

Honlapom: http://poliverzum.birodalom.net/powi
Fórumom: http://birodalom.net/forum

A #86-os sorszámú hivatalosan bejegyzett GoboLinux felhasználó
The #86 official GoboLinux-user

A GoboLinux felhasználók hivatalos magyar fóruma:
The official forum for the hungarian GoboLinux-users:
http://linux.birodalom.net/smf