[gobolinux-users] Ratpoison WM

Viola Zoltán violazoli at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 02:13:14 NZDT 2008

Hi, I will try out the Ratpoison Window Manager. (URL=
http://www.nongnu.org/ratpoison/ )
I created a recipe (see it in attachment), and it work me on my computer -
but not good. I start it with the following .xinitrc:

#!/bin/sh
xbindkeys
numlockx on
ratpoison

If I press "startx", the WM go to start, and work, but, you should know,
this WM is a "keyboard-centered" WM, and the modify key is as default the
Ctrl+T
And I want set this to the Windows-key. As I read the ratpoison manual, I
see in this link:
http://ratpoison.antidesktop.net/cgi-bin/wiki/ChangeEscapeKeyHOWTO

I should create a .ratpoisonrc file, whit this lines:

exec xmodmap -e "keycode 115 = F30"
escape F30

I created this, but if I start the ratpoison, the modify-key rest/leave/stay
the Ctrl-T and not changed to the Win-key. I not know, maybe the Ratpoison
kannot find my .ratpoison -file?!

Please help me - without this changes the ratpoison is me unusable!

Zoli

--
Honlapom: http://poliverzum.birodalom.net/powi
Fórumom: http://birodalom.net/forum

A #86-os sorszámú hivatalosan bejegyzett GoboLinux felhasználó
The #86 official GoboLinux-user

A GoboLinux felhasználók hivatalos magyar fóruma:
The official forum for the hungarian GoboLinux-users:
http://linux.birodalom.net/smf