[gobolinux-users] Wireless config and bootsplash troubles

João Felipe Santos joao.eel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 02:28:27 NZDT 2008

Hello there!

I'm João (jfsantos at freenode), and I'm a new Gobolinux user. I installed it
on my laptop last weekend, and got some trouble:

1 - I can't get my wireless card working properly. It is an Intel
PRO/Wireless 3945. Somebody on IRC told me to install iwlwifi-3945-ucode,
because the driver is compiled with the kernel. I installed this with
InstallPackage, but iwconfig don't show my card (and I can't find it at
/System/Kernel/Devices). Has someone any advice on how to get this card
working?

2 - I compiled the 2.6.24 kernel using the default config from GoboLinux,
but the fonts on the bootsplash got screwed. The Gobolinux logo now shows up
as a bunch of '?' and other strange characters. What can I have missed?

Thanks in advance for all the help!

jfsantos