[gobolinux-users] Wireless config and bootsplash troubles

Jonas Karlsson jonka750 at student.liu.se
Tue Mar 25 02:58:11 NZDT 2008

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 14:49:00 +0100, João Felipe Santos <joao.eel at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just found on the kernel config file that CONFIG_IWLWIFI is not set. I
> can't compile the iwlwifi module recipe (because the "isolated" module does
> not compile in .24 kernels), just the iwlwifi-3945-ucode one. I'll try to
> recompile kernel with this config var set and will report the results.

It is set in the default kernel config for 2.6.24.3-r5:
]grep IWL /Files/Compile/Recipes/Linux/2.6.24.3-r5/i686/dot-config
CONFIG_IWLWIFI=y
# CONFIG_IWLWIFI_DEBUG is not set
CONFIG_IWLWIFI_SENSITIVITY=y
CONFIG_IWLWIFI_SPECTRUM_MEASUREMENT=y
CONFIG_IWLWIFI_QOS=y
CONFIG_IWL4965=m
CONFIG_IWL3945=m

Perhaps you selected to base your kernel config on the running kernel (which
is pre-2.6.24 on 014) where the above symbols didn't exist and therefore
wasn't set for the new kernel.

And the iwlwifi driver does not compile on 2.6.24+ kernels, no. But it's not
needed since the driver is built into the kernel.

--
/Jonas