[gobolinux-users] Gpodder doesn't find python module "gtk"

Jonas Karlsson jonka750 at student.liu.se
Tue Mar 25 04:24:34 NZDT 2008

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 16:31:44 +0100, Thomas Queste <tqueste at free.fr> wrote:

> It is located in PyGObject, provided by the current recipe in store.
>
> export
> PYTHONPATH="/System/Links/Libraries/python2.4/site-packages/gtk-2.0:$PYTHONPATH"
>

> By the way, PyGobject comes with its own pygtk.pth :
>
>  > cat /Programs/PyGObject/2.14.1/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pygtk.pth
> gtk-2.0
>

> I updated my PythonPath var and I ensure to not use the PyGobject pygtk.pth.
> Should It be removed from the Recipe ?

You should unset the PYTHONPATH variable and remove the Environment file from
your PyGObject installation (run 'SymlinkProgram pygobject' to update the
environment cache).
There is no pygtk.pth file in the recipe, but you should remove that from your
installation of PyGObject and make sure that the
/System/Links/Libraries/python-<version>/site-packages/pygtk.pth link point
at the file in your PyGTK installation.

> PS: Gpodder hangs on glade 2...

Yes, there was an issue with how gpodder located its prefix which failed on
a GoboLinux system (basically it tried to access
/System/Links/Executables/../share, which isn't a valid path). The recipe I
commited to the store has a patch for this.

--
/Jonas