[gobolinux-users] postfix recipe bug?

Samuel A. Falvo II sam.falvo at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 05:56:59 NZDT 2009

Looks like a user isn't being created like it should.

make: Nothing to be done for `update'.
/bin/sh postfix-install -non-interactive
postfix-install: Error: "postfix" needs an entry in the passwd file.
Remember, "postfix" needs a dedicated user and group id.
make: *** [upgrade] Error 1
Compile: Postfix 2.3.2 - Installation step failed.

After creating the user (the group was already added, apparently)
manually, I attempted to re-install, and found still another build
error:

make: Nothing to be done for `update'.
/bin/sh postfix-install -non-interactive
mkdir: cannot create directory
`/System/Variable/spool/postfix/active': Permission denied
make: *** [upgrade] Error 1
Compile: Postfix 2.3.2 - Installation step failed.

This has all the hallmarks of a completely uphill battle.  Any
recommendations on how to proceed?  I'm invoking Compile as root user.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II