[gobolinux-users] postfix recipe bug?

Samuel A. Falvo II sam.falvo at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 09:26:03 NZDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Jonas Karlsson <cj.karlsson at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/4/3 Samuel A. Falvo II <sam.falvo at gmail.com>:
>> On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 1:02 PM, Jonas Karlsson <cj.karlsson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I guess you're using FiboSandbox. Could you try with UnionSandbox
>>> (either load fuse or unoinfs kernel module).
>>
>> I'm sorry -- you lost me.
>>
> FiboSandbox runs as user "fibo" which sometimes has permission issues.
> Therefore, to isolate this issue, it would be interesting if you run
> installation with UnionSandbox. Run "modprobe fuse" or "modprobe
> unionfs" to load any of those modules and then rerun "Compile
> postfix".

I modprobe'd fuse (unionfs isn't available), but I still get errors.

/bin/sh postfix-install -non-interactive
mkdir: cannot create directory `/var/lib/postfix': Permission denied
make: *** [upgrade] Error 1
Compile: Postfix 2.5.6 - Installation step failed.
root at capella Compile/LocalRecipes/Postfix/2.5.6/Resources]lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
fuse                   47636  0
usblp                  15360  0
ipv6                  296004  14
tsdev                   9536  0
snd_hda_intel         252312  3
serio_raw               8196  0
snd_pcm                81412  2 snd_hda_intel
snd_timer              24836  2 snd_pcm
snd                    55044  7 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm,snd_timer
k8temp                  6656  0
i2c_nforce2             7040  0
i2c_core               26880  1 i2c_nforce2
snd_page_alloc         11144  2 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm
forcedeth              51464  0
rtc_cmos                9888  0
rtc_core               21768  1 rtc_cmos
rtc_lib                 4352  1 rtc_core
shpchp                 35220  0
pci_hotplug            33992  1 shpchp

Compile reports version 1.11.0 if this helps.

BTW, I added the Resources/Requirements file as described and
confirmed that now works.  (Figured I might as well add that if I'm
going to invest in repairing the recipe!)

--
Samuel A. Falvo II