[gobolinux-users] Cannot get a network manager working on GoBo

Jeffrey Hoogland jeff at hobhq.com
Tue Apr 7 09:36:27 NZST 2009

I have installed from the LiveCD to find that there is no network software
installed by default.

I downloaded three different packages from here:

http://www.gobolinux.org/?page=packages&name=network&version=

I tried NetworkManager 0.6.6
and KDE-Network 4.0.4 and 3.5.8

After trying to run them on my GoBo install upon running them the window
would close out shortly after hitting "checking dependencies" any ideas how
I can get my network live on my system? It is getting rather tedious booting
into a Live Ubuntu CD downloading files, and then booting back into GoBo to
try them out xD

Any help would be wonderful,
~Jeff Hoogland