[gobolinux-users] Script UpgradeSystem dont work

Lucas C. Villa Real lucasvr at gobolinux.org
Sat Apr 25 08:51:30 NZST 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Diogo Dutra <diogo.comp at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 3:48 PM, Lucas C. Villa Real
> <lucasvr at gobolinux.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> ooh, OK
>>> but why it still in the system? I mean, at least  make it not
>>> executable for the people like me dont execute it.
>>
>> This is, it shouldn't have been downloaded at all:
>>
>> --15:38:45--  http://gobolinux.org/upgrade/UpgradeScript
>>           => `UpgradeScript'
>> Resolving gobolinux.org... 208.97.188.153
>> Connecting to gobolinux.org|208.97.188.153|:80... connected.
>> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
>> 15:38:47 ERROR 404: Not Found.
>>
>> UpgradeSystem: Automated upgrade not available at this time.
>>
>> I wonder why you were redirected to blog.gobolinux.org?
>
> I dont know, but my question is why this script dont work and it is
> still in the system?

As pointed out by Michael, the script is pretty generic and would be
quite handy to provide important patches or updates after a release.
It basically attempts to download a shell script and, if download
fails, it's assumed that no updates were made available. I see no
reason to remove it. What only worries me is the wget redirection,
which made it behave in an unexpected fashion.

Lucas