[gobolinux-users] re-Compile patched kernel, install freezes

teique teique at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 15:12:03 NZST 2009

Hi!

I had kernel
    2.6.24.4
then I
    Compile linux 2.6.28.7
All installed ok!

Now I patched my kernel and when I retry the Compile (it compiles but at
install) it freezes at:
    "Making a safe copy of installed version"
and (after a long wait, 1/2 hour with no cpu usage) if I hit Ctrl+c, it
freezes at
    "Restoring safe copy"
Despite it all, I can still boot normally...

Versions:
Compile 1.12.2
Scripts 2.9.9
Python 2.5

So, what did I do? I
    SymlinkProgram linux 2.6.24.4
    mv  2.6.28.7  2.6.28.7.wait
and run the Compile again, and it installed! xD

I mean, there may have something infinite (I found a defunct Compile
with ps also) at the "safe copy" for an equally named kernel...