[gobolinux-users] Symlinking old version doesnt update a lib file

Lucas C. Villa Real lucasvr at gobolinux.org
Mon Jan 5 11:01:55 NZDT 2009


On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 3:12 PM, teique <teique at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> (btw I am on 013 release...)
> I Symlinked Gtk+ 2.12.8
> and it overwrote libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0
> then I Symlinked Gtk+ 2.10.11
> but it didnt re-overwrite libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0 !!!
>
> To make it sure I renamed path 2.12.8 to break the links and Symlinked
> again 2.10.11 when all went ok!
>
> Is there another way to do it other than what I did?

That's the expected way to do it. It seems, however, that a few
symlinks in /System/Links/Libraries point to local files rather than
files in the /Programs hierarchy. I identifier the following ones in
my 014.01 system:

08/05 22:29 rwxrwxrwx       19 libgconf-2.so.4 -> libgconf-2.so.4.1.2
04/01 19:40 rwxrwxrwx       29 libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 ->
libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0.1200.8
04/01 19:40 rwxrwxrwx       34 libgdk_pixbuf_xlib-2.0.so.0 ->
libgdk_pixbuf_xlib-2.0.so.0.1200.8
04/01 19:40 rwxrwxrwx       26 libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0 -> libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0.1200.8
04/01 19:40 rwxrwxrwx       26 libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 -> libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.1200.8
15/08 14:57 rwxrwxrwx       21 libpixman-1.so.0 -> libpixman-1.so.0.10.0
21/08 15:06 rwxrwxrwx       25 libsearchclient.so.0 -> libsearchclient.so.0.5.11
21/08 15:06 rwxrwxrwx       19 libsoprano.so.4 -> libsoprano.so.4.1.0
14/03 02:40 rwxrwxrwx       18 libstdc++.so.5 -> libstdc++.so.5.0.7
21/08 15:06 rwxrwxrwx       27 libstreamanalyzer.so.0 ->
libstreamanalyzer.so.0.5.11
21/08 15:06 rwxrwxrwx       20 libstreams.so.0 -> libstreams.so.0.5.11
21/08 15:06 rwxrwxrwx       26 libstrigihtmlgui.so.0 ->
libstrigihtmlgui.so.0.5.11
21/08 15:06 rwxrwxrwx       31 libstrigiqtdbusclient.so.0 ->
libstrigiqtdbusclient.so.0.5.11
21/08 15:06 rwxrwxrwx       15 libtag.so.1 -> libtag.so.1.5.0

These symlinks correspond to the programs GConf, GTK+, Pixman,
KDE-Support and LibSdtC++. This was probably caused by some old
Scripts release, as a simple call to SymlinkProgram after removing
those symlinks generate correct entries. For the time being, to get
rid of entries like that, just run the following sequence of commands:

$ cd /System/Links
$ for dir in Executables Libraries Headers
do
  pushd $dir
  for i in *
  do
    [ -h $i -a ! -d $i ] || continue
    readlink $i | grep -q Programs && continue
    target=`readlink -f $i`
    rm -f $i
    ln -s $target $i
  done
popd
done

-- 
If you're looking for a reason I've a reason to give
Pleasure, little treasure


More information about the gobolinux-users mailing list