[gobolinux-users] Downloading from SourceForge

Andy Feldman nereusren at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 09:00:57 NZDT 2009

I've found sourceforge's mirrors to be unreliable like that. I used to have a
line in /S/S/Compile/Compile.conf like this:

httpSourceforge=http://umn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge

Since I live in the same city as that mirror. However, it was sometimes down,
giving me the same problem as you. Changing it to another specific mirror
would work temporarily, but the right solution is this:

httpSourceforge=http://downloads.sourceforge.net

Which seems to work more reliably for me. Presumably that lets sourceforge
redirect to whatever mirror is up. I haven't had problems with it recently.
What does your Compile.conf say for httpSourceforge? If it's the same as mine
and still consistently directing you to mirrors that are down, you could try
finding specific mirrors that are up more often. voxel.dl.sourceforge.net
seemed to work well for me.

-Andy