[gobolinux-users] udev settle timeout, "Compile" script, and module-autoload

Zbigniew Baniewski zb at ispid.com.pl
Fri Jan 30 17:25:53 NZDT 2009

Some new problems:

- during the system start-up each time I can see a message: "udevadm
  settle - timeout of 10 seconds reached" (followed by a list that is
  a queue contents). It seems, that my machine is doing a bit too slowly
  some kind of task - but it's strange, because a copy of the system started
  from slower drive doesn't reveal nothing like that.

  Currently I made that timeout longer in udev's task script (15 sec) - but,
  actually, should I? And what kind of problem it is?

- lately, when I'm trying to compile anything, each time I'm getting
  messages like that:

    GetAvailable: Cannot open
    /System/Variable/tmp/Scripts-root/cache/officialPackagesLists0.bz2 -
    compressed file ended before the logical end-of-stream was detected
    GetAvailable: Removing....

    GetAvailable: Cannot open
    /System/Variable/tmp/Scripts-root/cache/contribPackagesLists0.bz2 -
    compressed file ended before the logical end-of-stream was detected
    GetAvailable: Removing....

   Why is that? How can I fix it "once for always"?

- there's no /etc/modules - how can I force to load a chosen module during
  system startup?

--
				pozdrawiam / regards

						Zbigniew Baniewski