[gobolinux-users] HAL, keyboard and mouse

Jonas Karlsson cj.karlsson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 08:48:35 NZDT 2009

2009/3/2 Frank Wilson <frank at thefixedpoint.me.uk>:
> I just skim read this thread, so sorry if this has been mentioned already.

No, this isn't mentioned until now. :)

> If you want to configure your keyboard layout statically in xorg.conf
> you need to specify "Option "AutoAddDevices" "False"" in the
> server flags section. This disables all the auto config crap, and you
> can do something interesting for a change! :-)

Actually, with Xorg 7.4 hotplugging ("auto config crap") works quite
well. But when everything else fails, a hard config is easier to
control, since you know what happens and why.

> Here's an appropriately titled section on arch linux wiki, where I found
> this out:
>
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xorg_input_hotplugging#I_don.27t_want_this_crap.2C_how_do_I_turn_it_off.3F

I've looked at that too from time to time, when I still was using Xorg 7.3.

> Nathan Bennett wrote:
>> On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 21:32:20 +0100, "Jonas Karlsson"
>>
>> <input>
>> lshal -l >& log.txt
>> </input>
>>
>> Here is some of the output that I copied from log.txt.

With that output it seems that HAL identifies your hardware at least.
The question now is why Xorg doesn't use that information.
Do you have /System/Links/Libraries/xorg/modules/input/evdev_drv.so
and where does it point?
What does /System/Variable/log/Xorg.0.log say, with regard to mouse
and keyboard? Could you attach that file?

--
/Jonas