[gobolinux-users] Building OpenSSL on Mac OS X

Daed Lee daed at thoughtsofcode.com
Thu Mar 26 11:48:20 NZDT 2009

I previously submitted a recipe to build OpenSSL on Mac OS X Rootless.
The recipe was approved however, it seems the latest OpenSSL recipe
doesn't have the fix, and thus doesn't build on Mac OS X. The previous
recipe I submitted is located here:

http://recipes.gobolinux.org/review/1217545213-31765/daed_lee/OpenSSL/0.9.8h

Before I go ahead and submit it again, can someone comment on if this
is the proper way to handle different architectures? A search through
the archives reveals this post, which contains a patch for handling
i386.Darwin (i.e. Mac OS X):
http://lists.gobolinux.org/pipermail/gobolinux-devel/2008-November/003937.html

Unfortunately, the link in the post is broken so I can't see what the
patch does.