[gobolinux-users] "making a safe-copy of the installer program" is too slow

Cosmin Apreutesei cosmin.apreutesei at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 13:19:24 NZDT 2009

Hi,

Just want to report that this feature takes unfeasibly long time to
run, spawning a new process for every file of the program's tree. For
big hunks like Linux or Glibc it could take forever -- never tried it
myself, I delete the program first by hand before recompiling, but
that makes this feature a bug, rather.

[totally unrelated] I made /Files/Compile/Sources a symlink to some
other place. Now SandboxInstall (via unionfs-fuse) gets me the
following error "/.wrapper: line 2: cd:
/Files/Compile/Sources/<src-dir>: No such file or directory". I
consider most cases of symlink normalization a bug, this one included.

Thanks,
Cosmin.