[gobolinux-users] Fuse-related problem

Baffo 32 baffo32 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 10:24:29 NZST 2010

I've been bugged by the unionfs issues and decided to investigate this.

Fusermount versions 2.7.5 and 2.8.2 added a check that their target is
not a symlink, to stop some evil person from tricking fusermount
(which just wraps umount) into unmounting the wrong thing.  The check
assumes that /tmp itself is not a symlink, which breaks fusermount -u
on gobo; see http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.fuse.devel/8921
.

I just submitted a recipe with a hacked patch which resolves this
problem for me:
http://recipes.gobolinux.org/review/1270677880-4691/baffo32/Fuse--2.8.3
.  It points the code to $goboTemp instead of /tmp .