[gobolinux-users] Problem with environment

Zbigniew lists at ispid.com.pl
Tue Jan 5 11:07:24 NZDT 2010

I've detected a flaw related to environment variables setting:

Recently I'm evaluating fish shell ( http://fishshell.org/ ) - looks very
interesting - and I noticed, that some of applications have some problems,
for example Firefox is now unable to find its Java-plugin (part of JRE).

Looking around, I've discovered, that it's most probably related to
environment variables: fish has different scripting language, with syntax
different from that of sh/bash/zsh, and some of the environment variables
- like for example the ones mentioned in /System/Links/Environment/Cache -
are not set.