[gobolinux-users] FW: Well...gobolinux community

thornik at gmail.com thornik at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 03:07:29 NZDT 2010

Hello, everybody!

This painful problem did, do and will appear again in Gobo community, raised
by many people wishing to improve this numb distro.
As I asked in forum ( http://forum.gobolinux.org/discussion/281/how-to-create-gobo/ )
and looking at item 5:

I> 5. Provide some step-by-step guidelines on how to build Gobo, following LFS
I> book.

...people need way, step by step, how to assemble Gobo distro. But on my request
I received just ridiculous pretext "read scripts" or some stupid advices out of the deal.
I'm not guru, but I'm able to divide REAL HELP from useless air shaking.
Unfortunately, either creator of Gobo forgot how to do it (worst case :) ) or
he has no time (spending it in "splendid isolation", improving Gobo), in any case Gobo stay at
the edge where people almost turn their ass to Gobo - obvious result for such behaviour.
There is no place for second 'Linus', did you get it? Any distro either grows by many enthusiasts
or die on HDD of creator.
Funny, I explain it to people who pass 30-years age and still not so smart to understand "community work".

Our problem is we out of any process and documentation. We don't know booting process, process of links redirection,
packages management... Hell, which help you expect, giving no info to the people?
We don't need next goodwill of one vain man (version 15), we need organized COMMUNITY,
where process never stops because somebody too lazy to check two programs.
OK, I finished. There is probably ugly, but always fresh Fedora, where nobody sit months, waiting for release -
how they reach it? Quite simple - distro is driven in organized way by many people.
Gobo has only fans, no real leader. Pity.