[gobolinux-users] Recipes: 64 vs 32 bit

Michael Homer michael at gobolinux.org
Tue Aug 16 16:20:11 NZST 2011

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 5:31 AM, Zbigniew <zbigniew2011 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sometimes there's a need to change somewhat compilation process,
> depending on whether the binaries are compiled for 32-bit, or for
> 64-bit system.
>
> I think, it should be reflected in recipes somehow (a dedicated section?).
Architecture-specific recipe files are loaded from ./$(uname
-m)/Recipe (e.g., x86_64/Recipe, i686/Recipe) on the appropriate
architecture, along with the basic Recipe file in the root. You can
overload or change the recipe behaviours like that. There are a few
recipes in the store that do that; Nvidia is the only one I can think
of off-hand, which isn't a great example, but it does show
architecture-specific settings.
-Michael