[gobolinux-users] New Year Greetings GoboLinux Developers and Users.

kenneth marken k-marken at online.no
Wed Jan 4 04:04:31 NZDT 2012

On 03. jan. 2012 13:33, K Lowe wrote:
> This website link might be of interest:
> http://sandervanderburg.blogspot.com/2011/12/evaluation-and-comparison-of-gobolinux.html
>
> An evaluation and comparison of GoboLinux
>
> I quote: "The only bad thing I can say about GoboLinux is that the
> latest 014.01 release is outdated (2008) and it looks like 015 is in
> progress for almost three years... I'm not sure if there will be a new
> release soon, which is a pity."
>
> Last Autumn I thought a new updated live CD release was imminent (see
> references) but alas not. Perhaps 2012 will be the Year of GoboLinux 015!

> http://lists.gobolinux.org//pipermail/gobolinux-devel/2011-September/004302.html
>
> (2)
> http://lists.gobolinux.org//pipermail/gobolinux-devel/2011-September/004307.html
>
> (3)
> http://lists.gobolinux.org//pipermail/gobolinux-devel/2011-September/004309.html
>
> (4)
> http://lists.gobolinux.org//pipermail/gobolinux-devel/2011-September/004313.html
>
> (5)
> http://lists.gobolinux.org//pipermail/gobolinux-devel/2011-September/004314.html

Sadly, Gobo is a small community. And one of the primary people behind
the 015 push found something else to fill his time with. Since then
there was a push fora 014.02 or something, but it seems to have petered
out as well. These days i wonder if not one get more milage out of Gobo
if one go with a distro like Mint and stack Rootless on top.