[gobolinux-users] Boot themes invonveniences

Hisham hisham at apple2.com
Sun Jul 1 10:36:51 NZST 2012

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 7:46 PM, Z.B. <zbigniew2011 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> The starting point of "boot themes" needs to be moved somewhat later.
> During start, framebuffer usually is activated when the screen already is
> under the "management" of chosen theme, which earlier made a check for number
> of columns and rows. As a result, it gives an unpleasant effects, when using
> e.g. "splitscreen" theme, for example: it found out, that the screen is of
> size 25x80, but a second later the screen becomes 64x160 (framebuffer), with
> theme unaware of the dimensions change.

I remember that problem, but I don't remember the exact procedure to
fix it. It may have gone away when I moved my fb driver from a module
into the kernel, but there should be other options... I just can't
think of a solution off the top of my head right now.

> Another little problem, probably related: after the system-boot has been
> completed, when I'm logging in, the scrolling is blocked at the line 25
> (although framebuffer gives 64 lines), which makes me think, that exactly
> "splitscreen theme" is to blame. Of course, after "reset" the screen behaves
> normally.
>
> How could I get rid of these little annoyances?

Perhaps adding an explicit "reset" at the end of the bootscripts? I
don't know if that will fix it to all virtual consoles or only the
first one, though.

-- Hisham