[gobolinux-users] 2 distro in the same partition?

Z.B. zbigniew2011 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 03:42:38 NZDT 2012

On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 12:26:12PM +0000, Viola Zoltán wrote:

> Can I install to this partitio the GoboLinux, without deleting the Ubuntu,
> without formatting the partitio? I think, I need copy the stuff to a
> separated directory, for example to the named "/Gobo". But can the
> GoboLinux run from a subdirectory, not from the "/"? And how can I run it
> with the Grub2 of Ubuntu?

Even, if this somehow were(?) possible - IMHO it would be so complicated and
cumbersome, that the faster way surely will be:

1. Obtain a spare, empty HDD for a while.
2. Copy your Ubuntu to that HDD - it's so simple: "copy -a /source/* /dest
   (where /source and /dest are "mountpoints")
3. Repartition your source-HDD.
4. Copy Ubuntu back (and install GRUB or LILO, make HDD bootable).
5. Install Gobo.

It'll take much less time, than looking for a method to run it unusual way.
--
regards,
Zbigniew