[gobolinux-users] How-to build GoboLinux using Linux From Scratch (LFS 7.x Release).

Viola Zoltán violazoli at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 13:53:56 NZDT 2013

For/to a new, fresh GoboLinux release needed not only/just a new kernel,
but a lot of all kinds of other packages. I exchanged it already in my
GoboLinux the next programs:

Kernel
Glibc
GCC
Binutils
Tcl
Tk
DejaGNU
Check
Bash
Readline
Bzip2
Acl
Attr
Coreutils
Diffutils
File
Findutils
Gawk
Gettext
Grep
Gzip
M4
LZMA-Utils
Make
Patch
Perl
Sed
Tar
Texinfo
XZ
Man-Pages
Zlib
GMP
MPFR
MPC
Pkgconfig
Linux-PAM
Shadow
Autoconf
Automake
Gperf
Libffi
Libtool
Freepats
Timidity++
Libtimidity
Libsidplay
LibVorbis
Vorbis-Tools
LibAO
Libgc
Libunistring
Autogen
MC

but this yet until all of them not a totally new release. For example i
don't know, how I shall refresh it Udev program. And I have very lot of
difficulties with the fucked new Ncurses! I have more difficulties with the
following programs:

Guile
Util-Linux

And I cannot compile the MOC (Music of Console) because the Ncurses not
work good me. This is me only (maximum) a "half-fresh" system. Of course,
later need freshen the graphical environment (Xorg and others), although
the old KDE 3.5 work good with this new stuffs...

And the ldconfig write me always this error message:

 ldconfig: /System/Links/Libraries/libstdc++.so.6.0.17-gdb.py is not
an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

By good fortune, it work good, even then/now/so...

Zoli