[gobolinux-users] Progress on a "spiritual" derivation of GoboLinux

kenneth marken k-marken at online.no
Tue Apr 30 03:35:39 NZST 2013

On 29. april 2013 17:13, Trans wrote:
> No offense taken. Negative opinion is valuable too.
>
> I think there must be a least some room for improvement to the layout
> b/c, for example, the notes I read for 015 had plans to get rid of
> Files. Unfortunately the notes never explained exactly where the
> contents of Files would be moved too.

Some plans for 015 was more ambitious than that.

They included reworking /System/Links into something similar to the HFS
root layout for ease of compiling (/System/Index was it?).

I think the plan was that you could in essence drop a union mount on top
of the new /S/L, set the --prefix to /S/L, compile and empty the result
into a /Programs/x.y.z dir tree for symlinking back into /S/L.