[gobolinux-users] Econnman and updating Elementary

Lucas C. Villa Real lucasvr at gobolinux.org
Tue Jun 17 00:31:49 NZST 2014

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 4:55 AM, Hugo Barrocas <barrocas75 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> Trying to solve the econnman inoperative state, I looked for some answer
> in other distros..
>
> Other than some talk about network-manager and econnman conflicts (Gobo
> has both installed), I also noticed that in Arch they list Python-Efl as a
> Econnman dependency that Gobo doesn't have installed, so I went to the
> enlightenment.org site looking for it.
>
> Compiled new versions for Efl, EvasGenericLoaders, EmotionGenericPlayers
> (order as instructed on site), then Compile Elementary fails, see atached
> picture.
>
> After that, upon reboot startx will not work anymore. (Pic attached).
>
> I SymlinkProgram to all these programs previous versions, trying to revert
> to my working stock install, but it still fails.
>
> What am I missing here?

Hi Hugo,

I have managed to fix the problems with both Econmann as well as with
udisks (auto-mount). The former is related to issues with polkit (of
course, which other piece of software would have the potential to break
distributions so easily?), while the latter has problems with both settings
files as well as with an issue in the recipe. I am yet to create new
packages and to post a "FixGobo015" script to automate the process of
fixing 015's known bugs.

As with the SymlinkProgram issues, what I would do is to run "ls -t
/Programs/" to figure which software you recently added, and then execute
'DisableProgram' on the ones that you recompiled. Afterwards, run 'find
/System/Links /System/Index | RemoveBroken' as root and then
'SymlinkProgram app version' to bring the old versions back. That should
work.

Thanks,
Lucas