[gobolinux-users] Booting Stuck at Starting ACPI Daemon

Hisham h at hisham.hm
Mon May 26 14:12:39 NZST 2014

On 25 May 2014 11:07, A. Zainal Abidin <zhainhart at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone :)
>
> i'm new in GoBoLinux. after read some article in internet, i'm
> interest to install GoBoLinux at my notebook.
> instalation process working clearly. nothing problem occur.
> but at the first boot after instalation, the process stuck at
> 'Starting ACPI daemon' and i only can do ctrl+alt+del method to
> restart my notebook, and there's another problem, my notebook doesn't
> reboot, so i must press the power button.
>
> FYI : i'm using notebook TN-120R, Core2Duo notebook with 4Gb DDR2

There might be an ACPI incompatibility, disabling it may solve your problems.

Try to boot with the LiveDVD/USB, then mount your root partition
there, go to the bootscripts at System/Settings/BootScripts, and
comment the line with "Starting ACPI daemon" in the BootUp script (I'm
writing this from memory, so I can't write the exact commands here
right now; let me know if you need more help to try this.)

-- Hisham