[gobolinux-users] Fwd: Booting Stuck at Starting ACPI Daemon

Lucas C. Villa Real lucasvr at gobolinux.org
Thu May 29 02:05:10 NZST 2014

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 6:57 AM, A. Zainal Abidin <zhainhart at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello All :)
>
> Sorry for my late respons, i'm lack of internet connection yesterday
>
> @Hisham
> i'm already edit /System/Index/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf
> and done the steps as directed, when i run 'startx' command the screen
> gone blank but i'm still can do Ctrl+Alt+F1 to switch to CLI. i
> already wait for arround 5 min but the screen still blank it tty7.
>
> so i back to tty1 by Ctrl+Alt+F1 and press Ctrl+C to cancel startx process.
>
> i repeat 2-3 times startx (and also ctrl+c to stop it) to enter
> enlightment desktop successfully
>
> i attach error information of enlightment
> http://zhainhart.web.id/images/photo0026.jpg

Hi Zhain,

Please try to add the following line to /System/Settings/fstab:
none /dev/shm tmpfs mode=0777 0 0

Alternatively, run this command as root before launching startx:
mount -t tmpfs none /dev/shm

Afterwards, launch startx with your user's account as usual. Let me know if
that works.

Best regards,
Lucas